dream?

On my last day at work, my boss asked me what is it that I want in life? Pop came the spontaneous answer, like it always does. I just want to be happy. There were many affirmative nods and smiles from the others around. But c'mon! Don't be a spoilsport! Tell us the dirtiest, most materialistic dream you have..

Well a sea facing apartment that overlooks the highway, which has one entire wall made of glass by which I can sit and write, which I roll down when I want the rain to come in. And a balcony from where in I can lean down and feel the wind. And one bed with a hell of a cushy mattress, where I would totally sink in and disappear, with lots of pillows I can throw my legs on. And of course a kitchen that isn't in any way separated from the hall, where I can cook all my experimental cuisine and try them on myself. And a huge TV on which my favorite sitcoms run back to back, all the time. And a fridge with lots and lots of cheese in it. And Norah/Shakira playing in the background all the time, the volume of which adjusts automatically to my moods..

And in that whole dream, which just now occupies a tiny space inside my head, I see only me. And no one else. No one else deserves to be there along with me, I guess.

But hey there was another dream too. I was home after a few months into MBA, and my dad who is an amateur chef was thinking of quitting his job and we were about to start a restaurant! We were seriously into it, until one day I obviously went back to school, and Dad to his job..!!

Dreams they say..

11 comments:

arvind said...

its so cute and lovely..
just alone - u start enjoying..

that too joining ur Dad with ur
feature n future.. waw.. nvr missed that opportuinty and u may enjoy him every bit in all ur life..

but..

ho!
no
but;

thanks for this post..

The Rain Crab said...

awww.... i too want to be happy ultimately! :) how difficult tat is..we all know
:)

ur dream house is cooooool!!!! wish u get tat someday (soon) ;)

SammY said...

:) Awesome end!!!!!!! Its lik its ther but the end obviouly makes it jus a dream!!!!

Anirudh 'Lallan' Choudhry said...

And Norah/Shakira playing in the background all the time, the volume of which adjusts automatically to my moods..


love dis line

ani_aset said...

this was super sweet. i wish you all the best :)

wildflower said...

Rain..
sooner, the better! ;)

Sam
:) i believe i got wot u r tryn to say..

rudh,
yeah, totally designed 4 moi~! :P

ani_set
hnks :)

SammY said...

...until one day I obviously went back to school, and Dad to his job..!!

Dreams they say..
I was tryin to comment on dis line :) ,.. At the End they r jus dreams, but its really beautiful,., n i wish it comes true,. \m/

Vagabond said...

=)
like you said earlier we have a lot in common.

my only ambition is life is to fight the battles of everday. live a content life. i m sorry but i have no special love for animals and all i can do abt global warming is to keep my carbon footprint in check.

i want to live content.planning each day as it comes.

my materialistic dream is somethng like yours a house i can call my own. my space that is just me. that speaks only of me.
i somehow do not see anyone sharing that space.
it has to be my place, my music, my food, my movies, just me.

i also have that fear that chandler has whn i thnk of this dream. what if i ended up like mr. heckles.
scary eh?

wildflower said...

i knw wot u r talking abt..

but hey..u want love right? so what's with this living in a space that's just about you-and-you, do u realize, you will have to let that go once u share ur life with the one you love?!

Vagabond said...

that is exactly what the strife and the confusion is. i do not want to let go of ME yet find the love.
suggestions?

wildflower said...

nah, i've none..jus wna wish u gud luck .. :) loads of it..!