short breaths, spaced out, numbness, silence, 
nonchalance, darkness, now, here, me, alone, sighs, 
tears, ache, heart beat, heart beat, heart beat

it is said everything has a reason behind it. still i don't know why i let you go. and i'm yet to know why you never turned back to me again. i don't think i ever would. i don't know how much of us i have outgrown either. i am not sure if i am still waiting for you. but i don't ask questions anymore. 
no more. 

the lack of you, would've turned me into a rock, but it didn't. i break down oftener, inconsolably, sometimes, when i am cold and alone in dark rooms, when i don't have to pretend that i am fine, i cry

deep breaths, spaced out, solitude, smoke, cold,
 the last tremolo of pain,
 silenced cries, forced peace, relief, the lack of you, 
the lack of you, the lack of you



12 comments:

The Sage said...

separation hurts... but you get over it... if you dont, old monk always helps... :P

Elise said...

I can so much relate to this. :)

WomanInLove said...

That picture you put up is so haunting and disturbing..goes with the mood of the poem though

Aashayein said...

Loved the pic.... off course after the words!!!!

Amandeep Singh said...

Separation is cool..for thats when you will get the new one!

Oh ya!
;)

cheers!

Amandeep Singh said...

That actually gives me an idea which I really wanted..haha...

Thanks Eva!

Amrita Sabat said...

wooow.....really well written...:)....this guy is damn lucky...ur whole blog is almost dedicated 2 him.....scha damn lucky fellow.....

wildflower said...

Sage
Old monk as in yu ;)

Elise
Hmm.. I wish I could react to that..

Rajita
If pictures are scary, what would the life be like for real!

Mansi
Hard to love words borne out of this pain though, thanks..

wildflower said...

Aman
Thank me then :P finding the new one..hmm..atb Dude! And oh, update me about the idea I blessed yu wit!

Amrita
Yup, see..it's hight time we all went and told him.. :P hehe thanks for reading!

The Sage said...

well... that is for you to decide... might be the rum, too...

Anonymous said...

How beautifully this is written, and also how heartbreakingly sad this is. Your poems move me in ways you can’t even imagine.

wildflower said...

Thanks.. Again..